Last day. This day made Anchorage not so bad. But still… Anchorage is ick.
- Went to the Anchorage market and met some cool local artists.
- Watched salmon fishermen in the local waters
- Went to the Anchorage Museum (Art and Culture stuff)
- Hit up a few local artists galleries/shops
- Champagne and oysters at Bubbly Mermaid
- Zazu drink and fries at Tequila 61
After many failed attempts to see a moose, and one blurry shot from earlier in the week of a baby moose, we finally saw one near the airport on our way out. The below poem was written when we saw the baby moose. But it feels fitting to put here.
THE ELUSIVE MOOSE
The elusive moose is a mamma moose
And she drinks the sweet berry mountain juice.
The elusive moose is one to seduce
And she trollops with her calf at caboose.
The elusive moose seems to be a recluse
And our time is up so me must vamoose.
This poem is for our tourguide, who really was awesome. 🙂
He's a wealth of information
With careful pauses of ... consideration.
He narrates as he drives the shuttle
With dad jokes that aren't too subtle.
Talking for hours with tales galore
He'll keep on going, even if you snore.
He'll get your ticket and get you there
And tell you exactly how, when, and where.
Be on time and don't be late.
The stress that'll cause him is too great.
He works hard to ensure our happy trip
So we will be sure not to forget his tip!